The FIS SnowKidz program supports ideas and events to get children on skis and excited about winter sports. The Coop FIS Cross-Country World Cup Oberhof 2024 will therefore offer an activity course to try out as part of the supporting program.
The offer is aimed at children who want to visit the World Cup event and the „SchülerCup“ with their parents or their club, not just as spectators, but who want to take a step onto the narrow boards themselves. Parents can of course also try their hand on site.
On Friday and Saturday, a course will therefore be offered directly in the arena area. On the small circuit, there are snow hills and waves to conquer, poles to ride around, hurdles to ride under and cones to climb over. Having fun and gaining initial experience are of course the first and only priority, all under the expert guidance and active support of volunteer instructors from Thuringia's largest winter sports club, SSV Erfurt 02.
The course can be used continuously, i.e. even during the ongoing World Cup competition. Around 15 participants can be on the course at the same time, the cordoned-off grandstand area is available as a waiting and recreation zone. Cross-country skis, poles and cross-country boots will be provided on site for children to use, and short skis with straps will be available for older participants so that they can leave their normal boots on. If you already have your own cross-country ski boots, you are of course welcome to bring them, but the binding system must be SNS.
Where will the course be located?
- directly in the arena in front of spectator blocks A-C
- a separate recreation area is cordoned off within these spectator blocks
- a separate access route has been set up at the main entrance to the arena
At what time can the parcours be used?
- Friday, 19.01. from 1:00 pm. – 5 pm.
- Saturday, 20.01. from 9:00 am. – 5 pm.
Are seperate tickets required?
- the arena ticket or the course ticket of an accompanying parent is sufficient
- after using the course, the official spectator areas in the arena or along the course can be reached again via the main entrance to the arena
- Do I have to register in advance?
- No, simply come via the entrance to the designated recreation area
- you can then simply register by name at the information pavilion
What should parents keep in mind?
- The children should be able to complete the course on their own with the support of the instructors on site and without their parents holding their hand. Parents can of course be present from the staging area, but it is not permitted to enter the course area without skis.
- Children must be dressed appropriately for the weather and can bring their own cross-country ski boots (SNS binding system).
- Around 15 participants can move around the course at the same time, experience has shown that 10-15 minutes are useful for absolute beginners to familiarize themselves with the cross-country skis. Depending on the number of participants, your mood and desire, longer course times are also possible or you can come along 2 or 3 times.